Yes, I just said PTL (Praise the Lord). Or typed it, it’s fine. Because if you’ve been to NOLA, you know exactly what I mean.
ESPECIALLY if you’ve attended Jazz Fest. It was an experience.
So if you’ve gathered…I’ve recently road-tripped to New Orleans, LA for the first time (post- age-21).
And when I say first time…a lot comes with it:
- First time I practiced the [lovely] ‘Open Container’ Rule
- First time in Garden District
- First time walking down Magazine St. So many porch vibes, and I’m so into it.
- First time I saw a pig in a bar
- First time at The Saint
- First time at Jazz Fest
- First time participating at the Gospel Tent^
- First time at Juan’s Flying Burrito.
- First time at District Donuts. The line “out the door” is actually inside the building. BUT IT’S SO WORTH IT. Great coffee as well!
You get it. I absolutely loved my time in New Orleans. And I didn’t think I would. The house we stayed at was antique, industrial and beautiful. The people are lovely and so friendly. I could say more positive things about NOLA, but then you would hate me.
…Apparently, I only saw the “trendy, hip NOLA,” and not the “dirty, touristy NOLA.” I wouldn’t have had it any other way, but I guess that means I have to go back. ALl of these feels toward NOLA makes me think, I wonder if this is what people think of when they come to Austin or Houston. I hope so.