Maybe I like to act like Maya Rudolph who acts like Oprah in this clip.
Not really, but really. I know it’s only a few days before Christmas but I wanted to make a list of my favorite things this year/the moment I came up with doing this post.
Also: My birthday is in a couple of weeks so…. there’s that.
This is just a silly post so I can pretend that I’m Oprah for a bit. A chance to get to know me a little more and maybe one of my favorite things will inspire you to share with your loved one this holiday/birthday/anniversary! Let me know if you ever need brainstorming help for gifts, I love gift-giving and gift-storming (brainstorming + gifts).
So here we go. These are a few of my favorite things (I always think of this song when I think “favorite things”):
1. Books. I’m lame but one of my hopes for the future is that I will have a full-fledged library with books I’ve read. I do have a Kindle but I like the feel of books. My wish? Combo package: Book + ebook. Here are some books that are on my list:
2. Bike Lights/Bike accessories. You can never have enough lights and ‘knog’ are the favorites at the moment. I own a front light and back light but if you’re more illuminated, your chances of getting hit slim down…right? I encourage all cyclists to get at least 1 set because it’s illegal to ride without them and I can’t imagine riding around otherwise.
3. Dough Blender/Cooking Utensils. A dough blender is used to cut the fat in butter to make pie crusts and other pastry goods (I think, life’s a learning process). Because I don’t have a food processor to do this, dough blender is my budget-friendly alternative. For the food lover or the pastry maker in your life: a dough blender, a Silpat mat, a good rolling pin, or cute apron would make a great gift!
4. Love Does. This is another book but I thought it deserves a number of its own. I have this book already but I wish I had a case of them so that I could give them to everyone I know and love. It is one of my favorite books, hands down. Written ever so gracefully by Bob Goff with a foreword by Don Miller, author of books Blue Like Jazz and A Million Miles In A Thousand Years. So many feelings, y’all. So good. If anyone has read this, let me know, let’s talk.
Honorable-Mention Favorites/ Favorites of All Time:
* Food. Food. What’s that? Food. You know what they say…a way to a person’s heart is food. That’s just what I heard.
Lastly: Spend time. That is one of my most favorite things and one of our most valuable things we can give away (refer back to my older blog post about time).