Memory Box Mementos: Vol. 2(2)
Personally, it’s never a “new year” until my birthday. Ever since my memory box tradition anyway. So, another birthday goes by, and another memory box gets closed. …Or in the case, memory bag. If you take a closer look at my picture, that is not a box. BUT I reused my “Run Austin” bag! To put things into perspective, for 11 months- I could not find a memory box that fit my specifications. Who knew it was going to be incredibly difficult to find an appropriately-sized, golden box. Not I.
To say it plainly, 2014 was truly a golden year for me. I accomplished a lot of “First’s” that I never, ever in a million years fathomed accomplishing. Impossible’s became possible, and looking back- it seems impossible all over again. But here I am with all of these accomplishments, mementos, moments that defined 2014 for me, proving that I DID IT!
I won’t bore you with all of them, so this year I made some categories.
2014 Memory Bag Mementos:
- The first memento drawn from the bag: A ‘Thank You’ card from my boss at Sur La Table. I work there! Seasonally! Surprise. It’s…interesting and I love it most days.
- The biggest memento: A Patron Cafe box and UTMB Commencement. This was hard because one was larger in volume, and the other had larger surface area. The box was from my 22nd birthday and the program is from my brother’s PA graduation. Both memorable, memorable days. Oddly and fittingly, they were both booze-filled days too.
- The smallest memento: A rock from Big Bend (from West Texas Tour) and matches from Hole in the Wall and Butterfly Bar in ATX.
- The last memento taken out of the bag: Glow-in-the-dark dino from a surprise birthday party (I think), bubbles from a summer wedding that I went to, and a MaxValu receipt…from Bangkok!
- My favorites: Obviously my ATX-Half bib…and a glitter heart decoration I took from Austin Community College. Back when my team would stand in the cafeteria, desperately tried to convince students to participate in our brand perception test. Back when I used to be very fit. Those were the days.
- The ones I forgot about: The CD, I have no idea where I got it from. It’s not uncommon to be handed an artist CD when you’re at a show…or walking down the streets of Austin. The other “thing” is something I took from Spiderhouse and I have no idea what it is. So if you know, let me know.
- Honorable Mention(s): My own bizness card! Because I’m a big girl now (sorta). Everything from “Thu Goes West” tour. What a great trip. And a measuring tape I took from Titaya’s. I take things, we both know this. The measuring tape was just on the ground, neglected.
As I write this now, I realize that some people aren’t going to get it. And that’s okay. I know SOME people will get it, because a lot of these mementos were not grabbed solo. And I really really have to thank my people for supporting me in my…endeavors. You guys make me feel like a verified Twitter user.
You cannot accomplish anything on your own.
I said it last year, I’ll say it again: cheers! 22 was a success. Let’s bring on 23, time is fleeting.