So I arrived in Oakland//San Fran// Hayward//Bay-area last night at around 11:30PM-ish?
I waved to the wrong car, it’s totally cool.
Today was TOURIST DAY. Lots of walking, lots of talking. Lunching, catching up, and introducing.
Today was the transitional day. You know, when you get oriented with where you are, who you’re with, what you’re doing. I think I’m still orienting myself. I didn’t have to do much in terms of “figuring it out,” so I’m still a bit of a lost puppy. Tomorrow will sort of be the same way, I didn’t realize how many people I actually know who are in this area/coming to this area. It also didn’t come to my attention [until now] that I don’t have much time here either. Time is slut, and on a slightly lighter note, you’re not guaranteed tomorrow…so you know, make the best etc etc etc.
OH, I have some notes. Let me get my notes *runs to get notes across the room*
- We ate lunch at Galette 88. It’s in an alley, but it’s hella nice. They serve crepes.
PS: There’s woodgrain, white walls, and a chalkboard menu. I felt VERY LOCAL.
- I waved to A LOT of Segway Tour people…they didn’t wave back to me.
- People queue to get on the BART when it’s time to go home. Civil, much?
- I love [good] public transportation. I only hope that one day, Austin will be like that. Dream big.
- On the note of public transportation: what would people do without phones? Everyone was glued. I took notes on those people so….
- I saw Alcatraz [from afar] today. Also, Fisherman’s Wharf. Also, Boudin. Also, the whole waterfront. Also, the Explorium (Note to self: go there next time). Also, Pier 39. Also, lots of things. Do you get the picture?
Feeling #blessed, and well regular blessed because yeah, I’m very, very lucky. Shit.
P.S. How do y’all like my hair? I want to grow it out, but also short hair is cool. Should it be shorter? I don’t know, travel changes you.