Today’s lesson in Thu’s travels: Get over yourself.
Get over it and yourself, because people don’t really care. I will take as many pictures of iconic places as I want. I will eat whatever I want. Hey, I might only get one shot at this adventure, and I’m going to follow my gut. SURE, I might get on a train without paying fare. SURE, I might have circled Pike several times and had to Google how to get home down to crossing the street. IT HAPPENS, get over it. It’s a slow process…but I’m getting over it.
Other notes about Pike Place/today’s adventure:
- Transportation. Don’t forget to tap your Orca card. Fare Enforcement will take a picture of your ID if you don’t.
- Pike Place is as overwhelming as the 1st time you enter Whole Foods on 6th St. in Austin.
- If you think something looks good to you, you should just go ahead and eat it.
- Pike Place is like NOLA’s French Market…but less alcohol.
- RR’s and Sitting. There are restrooms and sitting areas in Pike Place, you just have to find them.
- Hydrate. Maybe bring water? Or fuel on coffee, up to you. Don’t get dehydrated.
- There is a City Target by Pike Place, don’t freak out if you forgot your toothpaste.
- There are homeless people. (I wrote this in my notes, whatever.)
- Wear SPF because did you know that there is sun in Seattle?
- Bring cash, because there are some CASH only places.
- Own your tourist-ism, but don’t get crazy and obnoxious. No one likes that.
- Maybe bring your own charger or battery backup. I was that tourist that charged their phone at a random outlet. Whatever, I’m owning my tourist-ism and technology dependency.